2015 students from all COS Schools: Hmong, English & Hispanic
HMONG Course of Study
Hmong Course of Study School holds annually in concurrent with the English and Hispanic Course of Study Schools each summer in July at Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary in Evanston, Illinois.
YEAR 1 / XYOO 1
H 121 Bible I: Introduction (Vaajlugkub 1: Pib Hauvpaug) Kx. Tsuker Yang
H 122 Theological Heritage I: Introduction (Keebkwm Kev Ntseeg: Pib Hauvpaug) Kx. Tsuker Yang
H 123 Formation & Discipleship (Kev Sibsau & Kev Ua Timthawj Rua Vaajtswv) Kx. Cherlue Vang
H 124 Transformative Leadership (Kev Ua Thawjcoj Luj Hlub) Kx. Cherlue Vang
2017 Course of Sutdy
July 23 - 28
Please CLICK HERE to go directly to Hmong COS Webpage at Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary
Application Procedure to apply to the Course of Study program:
1. Click on the Apply button to access the registration and housing forms.
2. Fill out your required information and pay the registration fee and/or housing deposite.
3. Submit first to your District Superintendent, and upon return receipt, to your Conference Local Pastor Registrar.
4. When the forms are complete, scan, save and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: G-ETS Course of Study School, 2121 Sheridan Rd., Evanston, IL 60201
Completed applications for the Course of Study program, including fees, must be received by the following dates.
February 15, March 15 or April 14.
Tuition and Fees.
Please mail all checks to:
Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
C/O Course of Study Office
2121 Sheridan Rd.
Evanston, IL 60201
Any questions, please contact Rev. Tsuker Yang 262-412-3131
Explore your call to Ministry - Candidacy Process
(1) Talk to your pastor & read The Christian as Minister.
(2) Check your annual conference website for how to start and who to contact.
(3) To formally apply, write a letter to your District Superintendent outlining your call to ministry.
(4) Once you're a candidate, you’ll be assigned a mentor--an ordained person who will guide you through the process.
*Deacons may receive a Master of Divinity (M.Div.), or they may obtain a Master’s degree in their work field plus 27 theological study hours.
*Elders need a Master of Divinity from a seminary approved by the church.
*Local pastors complete the Basic Five-Year Course of Study.